[Deleted]
In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students. Do you think this is a good idea?

btw that's TOEFL question :) i just wanna know what's ur thought :)

May 6, 2015 1:05 PM
Comments · 11

I have mixed feelings I suppose.

Having a job teaches work ethic and time managment, while also allowing a student to save money for higher education.

At the same time it can be distracting from their studies and makes it difficult for students to participate in extracurricular activities like sports or clubs.

May 9, 2015

it's very good actually
i used to work in a company when i was at high school last two years
it gives you a very good experience in the work field and teach u a lot of things
i really enjoyed it

May 6, 2015

I believe the situation is good.Because the students' knowledge is limited when they just learn textbook knowledge.Maybe they can learn and know  how build the good relationship and master life skills.But we know it is not enouth.There is an old Chinese saying experience is the best teacher.The some students who hold knowledge but do not know how use.We can ragared the extra jod as the tool that let students better grasp knowledge and skills.Of course the responsibility of the students is study,they can job avail their free time.

May 12, 2015

Nowadays, it has become a future trend for students to work while they are in the school. It is plain to see that students can learn more from related industrial knowledge by engaging in relevant works although too much time in work can lead to failure in their academic performance.

First of all, beyond exception, to work as a student can help children more independent in financial status and teach them a good lesson in their money management which is apparent not to be taught in the university. That is also quite practical if the student's family is still under heavily in debt. It cannot be stressed more to cultivate a good personality by shaping students to have a sound financial concept.

Besides, students can acquire more knowledge in socialization in the workplace and their social network can be built since then on. The capital of social network for them is quite important for them to start their fist work in the related industry. In addition, some unspoken rules or ethical code can not be literally experienced in schools unless students are really engaged in the workplace. At present, there are numersous cases that can demonstrate why graduates cannot fit in with the real workplace just because they did not have enough relevant work experiences in the industry.

However, that does not mean to work as a student compels everything in the school. It goes without saying there is nothing more important than acquiring knowledge in the major subject. In other words, to work is a good means to verify the thory learned in the class yet to work is never an ultimate goal that can totally take place of the role in learning activities.

In conclusion, it is fair to say to have adequate part-time work as a studentcan help studentsgrowth in financial independence, knowledge refinement and personality nurture. Nevertheless, the work time and quality still remain to be taken into account .

May 12, 2015

Hi! I think it's a great idea, though it is very hard to do two things at the same time. Still, if you get a job in something you're interested in it can really enhance your studies (provided you work in and study similar fields). Unfortunately, not every university gives you solid practical knowledge which you'll need once you finish your school.

May 12, 2015
Show more