Ariel
Learning Korean

I want to learn Korean but I don't know where to start. Should I start with the alphabet? I get confused with the alphabet. How do you prounounce the sounds. I look online but I don't find it clear enough because it is just romanized. I am looking for someone to help me with this. It would be nice if someone my age taught me since they will most likely relate to me. I am 14 years old and supposedly in Korea I am 16 year old girl. Please Help!

May 9, 2015 3:31 AM
Comments · 9

Hello Ariel. Yes, you should start with alphabet. Korean alphabet is very easy to learn and the best thing about it that once you learn the alphabet, you could read almost anything. You won't be able to know what it means but you could just read any word. That's the difference between Korean and Englihs. I recommend you a website called Talk To Me In Korean (TTMIK). It's website for Korean learners and since I am a Korean I don't visit that website but I heard it's quite useful. If you are serious about learning Korean, send me a message. Maybe I'll be able to help.   

May 9, 2015

hi dear! It will be my first time learning korean also i found italki thru mezzoguild.com they recommended a site also where you can download a book compilled into pdf and an audiofile too. It's for free. 

May 12, 2015

Hey,

It's nice to see someone so young looking to learn another language.  Korean is one of the easier languages to learn because there is an alphabet.  Here is a comic that someone made and although it may seem silly it is quite effective.

http://www.ryanestrada.com/learntoreadkoreanin15minutes/

Other than that listen to music, watch dramas, try and train your ears as much as possible.

May 9, 2015

Any Korean is available to give me your phone number? lol

May 9, 2015

I love Korean culture

May 9, 2015
Show more