Diana
ABOUT THE LIFE

The Ideal life is.........? 

May 13, 2015 8:37 PM
Comments · 18

@Pavel - Although I don't agree with your religious rantings, I have to admit that is some of the most impressive use of the color orange that I've ever seen. Well done my friend!

May 25, 2015

Fernando's response might be closer to "The ideal life is when you are happy. Nothing else matters" or "No matter what anyone says" or "No matter what happens". I'm not completely sure what he was trying to say.

The ideal life is the life I live.

May 13, 2015

the ideal life is....when you can make yourself happy and you can also change other people`s lives for better.

May 14, 2015

To make yourself ha0happy to the max and always remember that age is a countdown. 

May 13, 2015

Before giving up this present body, if one is able to tolerate the urges of the material senses and check the force of desire and anger, he is well situated and is happy in this world.
PURPORT

If one wants to make steady progress on the path of self-realization, he must try to control the forces of the material senses. There are the forces of talk, forces of anger, forces of mind, forces of the stomach, forces of the genitals, and forces of the tongue. One who is able to control the forces of all these different senses, and the mind, is called gosvāmī, or svāmī. Such gosvāmīs live strictly controlled lives, and forgo altogether the forces of the senses. Material desires, when unsatiated, generate anger, and thus the mind, eyes and chest become agitated. Therefore, one must practice to control them before one gives up this material body. One who can do this is understood to be self-realized and is thus happy in the state of self-realization. It is the duty of the transcendentalist to try strenuously to control desire and anger.
One whose happiness is within, who is active and rejoices within, and whose aim is inward is actually the perfect mystic. He is liberated in the Supreme, and ultimately he attains the Supreme.
PURPORT

Unless one is able to relish happiness from within, how can one retire from the external engagements meant for deriving superficial happiness? A liberated person enjoys happiness by factual experience. He can, therefore, sit silently at any place and enjoy the activities of life from within. Such a liberated person no longer desires external material happiness. This state is called brahma-bhūta, attaining which one is assured of going back to Godhead, back to home.
(Bhagavad-gītā As It Is 5.23 - 5.24 )

May 13, 2015
Show more