Sorls
3 tenses for Italian conversation - è vero??

http://onlineitalianclub.com/the-3-tenses-you-need-to-know-to-really-speak-and-understand-italian/ ;

Hi guys, i came across the above article and was wanting to know if it is true?

May 14, 2015 4:53 PM
Comments · 15

"Appena ho saputo qualcosa ti farò sapere” non è accettabile per niente!!! "Appena so qualcosa, ti faccio sapere" oppure "Appena saprò qualcosa, ti farò sapere". “Se mi avevi detto prima, potevo venire alla festa” non è italiano. "Se me l'avessi detto prima, sarei potuto venire alla festa" oppure "Se me lo dicevi prima, sarei venuto alla festa". Sei sicura di aver letto queste frasi da qualche parte?

May 21, 2015

Hi, I'm Italian native speaker. There are a lot of tenses of Italian grammar and some of them are used more than others. Each area has different linguistic characteristics... This is true but it isn't right and the best thing would be to learn Italian standard. All these should be studied for reading, writing and speaking. The future is important and it isn't the same of present tense. In my opinion you should start step by step with "Modo Indicativo - Presente Semplice, Passato Prossimo, Imperfetto and Futuro Semplice".
Everything it will depend of Knowledge of the Italian language that you want to reach.
For example:
- Indicativo Presente Semplice: (Io) Vado al cinema (now) = I go to the cinema / (Io) vado al cinema tutte le settimane (habits/repeated events) = I go to the cinema every week);
- Indicativo Futuro (Semplice) : (Io) Andrò al cinema domani (indica un'azione che deve ancora verificarsi) = I'm going to the cinema tomorrow (not now or repeated events but an action that will happen).

Passato (Past):
Passato prossimo: (Io) sono andato - Sono andato al cinema ieri.
(Passato Prossimo = it refers to actions that are happened in the past very close but concluded while you talking).

Imperfetto: (Io) andavo al cinema tutti i venerdi lo scorso anno.
(Imperfetto = it generally indicates an event that has been repeated in the past not far but concuted while you talking).

Passato Remoto: Mio nonno andò in guerra.
(Passato Remoto: it refers to historical events, novels or events out of the experience of the speaker. It is formal and few used. 

Today it is used in some areas in the South of Italy like Sicily, for example.

Passato Prossimo and Imperfetto are the past tenses more used in general and they are often interchangeables.

I apologise for my grammar but I am studying English in this period.

May 14, 2015

Infatti Eugenia. Ma il futuro è altrettanto importante. Volevo solo dire che non è un errore usare il presente per indicare un'azione futura immediata. In generale, comunque, i modi e i tempi verbali in italiano sono tutti importanti e usati, chi più chi meno. Forse solo il trapassato remoto indicativo è un po' inusuale.

May 20, 2015

Grazie Chiara :) 

yes i understand the difference in the two tenses, but i am much more familiar with the present tense. So i guess i was checking that if i used, for example 'domani, vado in spiaggia' that it is ok to say to native italian speakers (i go to italy next week, and i haven't learned enough of il futuro to use it confidently!)

May 15, 2015

Domani andrò in spiaggia. 

(Devi usare il futuro perché è un'azione che non è ancora avvenuta nel momento in cui ne stai parlando).

May 15, 2015
Show more