Tünde
International Language Exchange - Language Conquerors Language Club

Hi All! We are a group of friends, most of us from italki, who created a language club about a month ago with the aim of providing a chance to everyone to practise different foreign languages. In the past weeks we have become friends with several members, and although we only met recently, it feels like we have known each other for years. Our group consists of nice, funny and committed people, who take language learning seriously and are happy to help each other in the process. 

You can find the description of the club here: http://www.italki.com/discussion/92519

One of the basic principles of the language club is to give everyone the opportunity to learn foreign languages, without excluding anyone because of their mother tongue. We have members from all around the world, with different mother tongues, learning a variety of languages. Based on the interests of our members, we are learning 13 languages in the club: English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, Hungarian, Polish, Russian, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean and Arabic.

In the past weeks members decided to reorganize the club: we now have groups for each language we are learning. Thus our attention isn't distracted by using several languages in the same group. Our native speakers also have weekly classes for different levels in each group. We have assigned days for the different levels of the languages, when natives speakers teach new material to learners, help them with the pronunciation of words and answer their questions. But learners can ask their questions any time and native speakers will reply as soon as they can.

Since our group is expanding, we felt it was necessary to set up new rules for admission of new members. First of all, remember that the core group consists of funny, crazy people, who can come up with funny, tiring things any time, which may have an influence on your sleeping habits and your daily schedule. Second, the group is really active, so if you don't sign in for a few hours, you will receive several hundred messages when you log back in, and that is only the usual stuff, nothing special in this. Similarly, if you go out for five minutes, you will be greeted by a hundred messages when you come back. Before deciding to join, please think it over once again: Will you be OK with this?

If you would still like to join, please fill out the following questionnaire:

1. Why do you want to join us? I mean, are you sure?
2. How many languages do you want to learn?
3. Do you love to share knowledge with people?
4. Would you like to initiate great discussions about exciting language topics?
5. Do you consider yourself to be serious about learning languages? Sorry, “serious” is a strong word…
6. Do you consider yourself to be broad-minded with different cultures, opinions and races?
7. Is it important to you how your private or public words and actions affect to other members?
8. Okay… Enough… You know we are really sprightly and energetic, how do you think you fit into our groups?
9. I know that face... so would you introduce other friend of yours once you realise it to be even greater than you thought?
10. Now you know we have different language groups to belong to, would you like to join one of those specific groups?

Also, please expanin in a few sentences why you would like to join the club. Then I will put you up for voting and our members will decide if you fit into the group.

If members decide for your admission, you will first be added to our main chat group, where we would like you to write a few thoughts, so that we can get to know you a little better. Then you can be added to the group of your mother tongue, if we are learning your language, and the group of your target language. All we ask is to be nice to others, be active in the groups you join and respect our rules.

If you would like to invite your friends to join the club, they are welcome too, but they will also have to fill out this questionnaire.

If you would like to join a group of funny people committed to language learning and think that you would fit into our group, please send me a message.

May 17, 2015 9:58 PM
Comments · 71

I love this crazy bunch of forks folks!!! They are one of the best things that has happened to me in my language-learning journey. I am learning more French thanks to the friendly and ever-helpful natives. If you're looking for encouragement, motivation, and friendship while learning a language, this is THE group! Learning a language doesn't have to be dull and difficult. It can be fun and exciting with us! :) But remember that we're really ... lively! So be prepared to wake up to 3946234230983 messages every morning :D Many thanks and much love to the founding fathers mothers CEO(s) and the many lovely friends I have made from all over the world (whowon'tletmesleepinpeacebecauseiamtooengrossedinourchatshahaha)

Power to the forks folks~

---E

May 21, 2015

Cherry, I think "forks" has officially become part of the group's vocabulary. :D Btw, I still can't imagine how you can be awake almost all the time, it looks like you never sleep. :)

May 21, 2015

Thanks guys! Pepe, I see you can't break away from your nickname. :D

May 19, 2015

I joined this awesome club on my birthday and I've never regretted it, in fact it was the best birthday gift I could have received. All of our members are motivating, crazy and nice people; I've not known them for too long but I already appreciate them as they're amazing people to spend time with and always willing to help whoever needs help. I'm honored to take a part of such beautiful community. I really hope all the nice, crazy, fun people committed to the language learning out there join us, I'm sure they won't regret it. Regards! 

May 18, 2015

I loved this group :) I am there around three week but I feel maybe I know these people all my life .. I am so exciting .. It is good opportunity to know different languages and meet new friends which really want to learn hard and always friendly with each other.. I have begun to know English better when I have opportunity to practice this language from different topics and friends :)) if you really serious in your study and crazy about that you should be there .. I loved it .. it is the awesome place for improve your languages which you study nowadays... The best wishes! Thanks guys for sharing your days and emotions with me ! 

May 17, 2015
Show more