Nguyen The Vu
Professional Teacher
I wish to share my ideas for learning Vietnamese!!!

Dear friends,

The most interesting news I have seen on the media in Vietnam these days is the news about Son Doong cave. I can be surprised with many headlines such as: The most beautiful cave in the world; The biggest cave; The cave with most beautiful scenerary. And even the ABC television has just come here to make a report video about Son Doong cave with the present of Vice Priminister of Vietnam. It seems a very big occasion. Absolutely Son doong will be a big place for us to enjoy in the near future.

And what happens then? I see many foreigners are interesting in learning Vietnamese so they can enjoy a better holiday in Vietnam. Of course they are extremely right to do this. I see they study by many means: Rosetta Stone, Facebook...More or less I see they can achieve some knowlege, but they lack of one thing: to have standard understanding about the accents and dialects in Vietnamese, the neccessary to learn grammar and sentence structures. Maybe they have been spending so much time for learning vocabulary and finding information about grammar. But, actually for me, Vietnamese language is '' easy to speak but difficult to make a logic view or general defination of this language''. And maybe if you just study according to vocabulary, grammar instructions on internet, you will be lost in a mass of knowledge and when you encouter the real condition, it can make you a little shocked.

So if you cannot have condition to have yourself a teacher. I wish to share with you my ideas:

- Practicing singing Vietnamese songs with lycrics so you can help yourself understand and use accents of Vietnamese.

- Talking with Vietnamese people with simple sentences to test your knowledge and use your vocabularies.

- Write some words on public so people can see and correct for you.

I love to say with you: to begin with speaking at the first time of learning better than learning some grammar structures.

Best wishes to you all!!!!! See in Vietnam!!!!

May 18, 2015 3:34 AM
Comments · 1

Great! :)

May 18, 2015