shiny royal
what do you think about Vegetarianism? [ie. NOT eating red meat, poultry, seafood and the flesh of any animal]

the whole theory of vegetarianism is based on 'every soul has a right to live'. supporters will claim that animals also have rights like humans and we have no rights to take any animals life.

Princeton University professor and founder of the animal rights movement, Peter Singer, believes that if alternative means of survival exist, one ought to choose the option that does not cause unnecessary harm to animals.

whats your view of this?

May 18, 2015 5:57 AM
Comments · 44

Vegetarianism aside, Peter Singer is a despicable person.  He also supports the right to commit infanticide of human babies born with disabilities.  He is hardly qualified as a guide to higher morality.

May 18, 2015

I used to be vegetarian until I learnt that I was killing more animals than by eating meat, and that the agriculture I depended on was destroying the topsoil, and was now a chemical dependent INDUSTRY.

If you think about our agricultural practices and the destruction of animal life it causes (steam sterilization of soil, pesticides and herbicides, monoculture and the destruction of natural environments) then the better option is to eat animals FED ON NATURAL GRASSLANDS or IN FORESTS.

I now eat ORGANIC GRASS FED beef cattle from the Scottish hills, free range kangaroo and venison from New Zealand and Australia, and rabbits shot by locals. I avoid agricultural products such as rice, wheat, and corn. In fact, I try to avoid ALL agriculture.... except truly organic small-scale free-range open-air local suppliers.

Realizing that TRANSPORT from far-flung places is environmentally costly, I have ORGANIC fruit and vegetables delivered to my house from local farms. I'm afraid only ostriches can be obtained locally, I still have to get kangaroo from Australia.

So my diet is now ANIMALS that GRAZED on wild, unspoilt land (as far as is possible). If it has been hunted and caught, so much the better. This way I am leaving the land as forest and grassland. I need no 'farming'  - only orchards and vegetable plots.

If I could eat grass, I would. But I can't. So I'll eat animals that eat the grass for me. But at least the grass is still there. And the forests, with deer and rabbits. Nobody ploughs a field, and steam sterilizes it, or poisons it with chemicals, in my name.

My philosophy has changed radically over the years, as you can see.

Who else has changed their philosophy? And which way?

May 20, 2015

So why should we take the right of life from vegetables???

May 22, 2015

@ royal shiny - in the op you asked our opinion, but you also only gave the vegetarians' side of the argument, in two seperate statements. In your second post you attacked someone for having a non-vegetarian viewpoint. If you don't have an agenda, then at the very least you have a really judgemental opinion.

May 18, 2015

Funny how this topic about Vegetarianism can attract more commens than questions about language learning.. ah ah :)

First - I'm Vegan for almost more than 3/4 months and I'm good without animal products. To people here who said that eating a plant based diet doesn't give you the nutrients you need, well, I could laugh at it or be angry, but I'll be nice, lol :D

1 - Yes, you can have all nutrients from a vegan plant based diet, even much more than eating meat.

2 - Meat takes at least 2 days up to 3 days or more to get out of your system while plant based food (veggies, rice, potatoes, etc) takes a day or less than a day to get out of your system. So, wondering why you don't lose weight? It's not the carbs, it's the meat that creates a barrer because the organism is to focused on processing the meat (which is hard for it) while the other food rots in our colon -  not their fault, it's just that meat has diva issues.. :)

3 - Do you know how much water it takes to make a pound or a kilo of beef? More than one month of the water you use to take showers and/or baths ... yep

4 - Yes, meat is rich in protein, but did you know that meat protein contains a toxin that our body as to fight?

5 - Experiment, do you have many pimples? Cut on the milk - yep, it works. Do you have period cramps, cut on the meat and diary - it works trust me. Milk is a high acidic food so when people think that milk is giving them more calcium, they are wrong. Our bodies is more confortable with alkaline foods then with acidic ones. Milk is very high in acidity and imcompatible with our body and when it reaches our body, our bones, it causes a shock to our body so then our body has to fight it and actually remove calcium from our bones to fight the acidity of it. So, trust me, better eat your carrots, veggies than milk - oh and did I said they actually have more calcium than milk? Haha :D 

May 20, 2015
Show more