Lihyang
Do you feel lonely when you're alone?

Some people instantly think, when they see someone alone, that the person is lonely. What do you think?

May 21, 2015 11:25 AM
Comments · 24

Depends on the person. Some people are more extroverted. Some people don't feel lonely even if they are alone for long periods of time. Each of us is uniquely and beautifully different. :)

May 21, 2015

No, of course you don't have too feel lonely if you're alone. I'm one of the loners and it's the other way around for me. I'm annoyed if I can't have a lot of time on my own. People that know me know it, and who cares what people that don't know me think. If they're judging from their own perspective (and they do), then they're the ones who feel lonely.

I'd say, as mentioned before, that people are more likely too feel alone in the crowd, surrounded by other people.

June 10, 2015

If some people instantly think, when they see someone alone, that the person is lonely then we would have to conclude that it would be the way they would feel if they were to be alone (or, may be, that you were just looking pretty miserable at the time :-))…
But from reading most comments here, it is nice to find out that most of us don’t always relate loneliness and being alone while even finding some virtues in being by oneself...
I’m a very social person (and, you’ve guessed it, over talkative at times ;-)) because I enjoy people’s company but I can stay days alone, indoors or outdoors in the wilderness, and, thoroughly, enjoy it!
Take care!

June 10, 2015

As to me, I don't feel lonely at all when I'm alone. On the contary, I enjoy the solitude. From my perspective, dealing with solitude would be considered as a kind of ability that one should learn to acquire.

However, I do agree that people are different. What is enjoyable to some would not be the same to others. Therefore, it'd be not easy, nor appropriate, to make any judgement instantly. 

Besides, one can also feel lonely if s/he is in a crowd. For example, if s/he feels isolated from the group of people s/he is with or s/he feels bored by the crowd.

May 21, 2015

I love talking with the others and sharing everything with them (my fam, friends n others) n never feel alone but sometimes I need to spent time just with my self to doing my hobby, listening the music, reading, etc and i am blessed of my life.

May 21, 2015
Show more