JatyJaky
Hello, everybody! I need help with translating my interview in English. Thank you. All of the lights came from flashes. There were 2 of them: main on my right and fill light on my left. I tried to set them the way to show the sword nice metal texture and eyes were lightened too. I thought of Peter Jackson`s Lord of the Rings movie, actually. Something between it and Esquire magazine style. The idea was to create a realistic portret of brutal medieval knight. We have the full medieval knight outfit (which is very heavy It weigh about 30kg) and I asked model to attack imaginary enemy, to jump and fight. But all of the pictures just not look realistic. We both get tired and had no more ideas and then—suddenly—this simple pose work perfect. Here is my 3-STEPS recipe of how to get realistic expression from non-professional model:SET THE LIGHT... Make sure model can move freely and light is still good on model`s face. MAKE UP A STORY, add some action, talk to your model, make up a story when shooting and ask model to play it. Keep attention on shadows.
May 22, 2015 10:27 AM