Elisabeth
Professional Teacher
song for Peace and Brotherhood in Arabic, Hebrew and French (Youness/Raichel/Bruel)

when music and languages are used to create a change, unify rather than divide.

the concert was held at the Opéra Garnier in Paris just a few days after the attacks of early January this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY1324yf-Eo

May 22, 2015 10:55 AM
Comments · 10

Thank you for sharing the song with us Elisabeth<em></em> :)<em> </em>I know it sounds weird that I like something I don't understand its meaning (French and Hebrew parts), yet I judge music on how much it made me feel it and this song touched my heart. Paris Opera is so beautiful and magical as well.

May 26, 2015

hi Mumtaz, so glad you connected to the song. how it made you feel was exactly why i shared it and what i was hoping to elicit in the first place. peace is the heart, and nowhere else. and even if we don't understand the lyrics, music does its job and that's where the magic is. thank you.

May 26, 2015

you are not going back in time enough. universal means you have to leave this planet entirely and explore...well...the universe...

btw, i am not religious, so religious texts are irrelevant to me. moreover, this discussion is not religious, otherwise i wouldn't have started it since religious topics are not allowed. thank you.

May 26, 2015

it is not for us to agree or disagree. peace existed before religions.

peace is also beyond making donations. peace is its own thing in and of itself. that's why it is peace.

May 25, 2015

peace and brotherhood are universal, not religious. no need to assimilate them to religion.

May 24, 2015
Show more