Lihyang
Did you ever meet a selfish person?

Then, what does being selfish mean to you?

I think it's selfish if a person keeps asking for more photos and many questions related to a personal information without a photo of himself, let alone his name.

When I reply questions about myself from a person, and then ask about the person and get my question about himself ignored, I don't feel like to message back if that person pipes up about only what he likes to say. I hope I can bounce ideas off each other, not one way. 

I'm not that judgemental person who judge other by photos, but if he knew my face and my name and when I replied some questions, I hoped I could learn about himself too.

May 23, 2015 5:29 PM
Comments · 9

It sounds as though the person that you were talking to was using italki as a dating website. I would just ignore these people.

May 23, 2015

hi lihyang,

i agree with you, i also dont like people who dont want to tell anything about themselves and keep asking me personal questions.

i simply stop talking to them.

May 23, 2015

I wouldn't say they are selfish (maybe self centered, yes, about the questions), but that there's a lack of reciprocity, that they are rude/unpolite and possibly creepy due to the secrecy.

But it's up to you to stop the conversation until they reply to what you asked, or give you a photo. of theirs

May 23, 2015

I have met many selfish pepole or i Classified them as a selfish ㅋㅋ

i think pepole who is being selfish is to keep everything to themself , they don't want to shar or to help & they but their interest infront of everything without caring if their interset hurts the other around them ..

Like you said that they asking  asking  & when is it your turn to ask they just ignore or change the subject & if you really wanted thier helps they just refuse

i think some times we being selfish without knowing for simple example like we said to someone "please don't go i need you here.....' but he really have to go .. so i thing this is selfish thoughts from us ....

May 23, 2015
The rule is quite simple that people make friends with each other on a basis of equality with no discrimination even though I consider it is a high standard to find such a language partner online at this place. 
March 9, 2018
Show more