Thomas
Chinese only: What do you think when you see a westerner with tattoos of chinese hanzi?
May 25, 2015 4:53 PM
Comments · 16

I honestly think it's a little pretentious.  Additionally...all too often I see the silliest characters brandished...for example: 水,气。

What would you see if you saw a foreigner with an English tattoo reading "water" or "air"!

When I see these sorts of tattoos, it makes me think about how desperately this person wants the world to know how "deep" they are.......just my two cents

June 3, 2015

People who have tattoos don't respect their own bodies. People who have tattoos in scripts they don't know are just plain stupid.

June 4, 2015

酷and牛逼。

You must think twice before tatooing, there are some words that have many means.

June 3, 2015

It really depends on what the meaning of the Chinese word is. Some make senese and look pretty cool, like the one "忠" that Allen Iverson has on his neck,which means loyalty, faithfulness. Some western celebrities, tattooing Chinese characters on their bodies seems to become some kind of fashion.

However, I've seen some many hilarious Chinese hanzi tattoos on random western people. The funniest one I've ever seen is "洗剪吹",that was on a white dude arm. I almost snorted my pop out when I saw it. Because this word means cut,wash,blow dry,which is supposed to be on a sign of barbershop.

I don't understand why would they tattoo those funny words on their bodies or maybe their tattooers didn't know the meaning either, or they just wanted to mess them up. Lol

May 25, 2015

i advise you should think over this before you really understand.

because one chinese character has many meaning in general.

many foreigner has ridiculous tatoo with chinese character.

July 21, 2015
Show more