Matheus
How to study grammar and practice prepositions?

Hi guys! How are you? So, I've been studying English everyday to improve constantly. But, sometimes, when I write and have to put the ideas on paper, it's very difficult to know how to use some grammar rules without checking the translator or similar tool. Every day, I start with a session on Duolingo, I've reached all the levels and keep practicing so far. Then, I use to review and learn new words through 'memrise' (a very good website for acquisition of vocabulary). I read a lot, listen, write here. But I want more. If you are fluent, how did you study grammar when you were a student like me? Do you know an effective method to improve grammar? Do you have a good recommendation to share me? An exercise, book, websites, any material which I can use (preferable free). Please, help me! I'll be thankful!

May 25, 2015 6:48 PM
Comments · 2

I am not still a fluent one, but, I remember that I was feeling the same, like you know what you really want to express and it's like the whole idea inside your mind, the choosing of words, and then, when you start to write you get confused and afraid of having a mistake.

Was frustrating (and sometimes is still frustrating) when I want to express the idea and I can't find the right words to connect them and make it understandable.

Something that really, really helped me is reading books in english with a dictionary at my side.

Talking/Chatting with others.

Duolingo.

May 25, 2015

Read more English articles and learn grammar and English expression in structure of your reading. In addition to your reading, some of the fundamental grammar rules are best learned at first before you are going to master English proficiency. Finally, let grammar become part of your language and form a sense of language, after that you will become a fluent English speaker without considering too much about grammar.

October 14, 2015