[Deleted]
When living abroad what do you do to make friends who speak your language?
May 26, 2015 2:00 AM
Comments · 8

www.internations.org is is a good networking and social site to sign up to: they host events, parties, bar hops etc that are great for meeting other foreigners in your curgent city, you can probably even find a Spanish/Latino group or if not then you could start one yourself!

Restaurants and bars that serve your native cuisine may also have expat staff - get chatting to them.

If there is a local magazine about what's on in your new city, that too is a good place to look for ideas of things to do and where to meet likeminded people.

Another method - befriend anyone and everyone and ask if they have other friends from your country!

You've just got to put yourself out there - you'll find some :) 

May 27, 2015

I have few Spanish friends. I tried avoid them as I don't want live in Spanish bubble in the middle of Britain. 

It's hard because I'm feel stupid speaking English and I feel I lost my personality during this year, due all my mistakes in English but I know it will be worth it. 

Magic happens when we are outside our comfort zone :-)

May 27, 2015

If I understood correctly, you are asking how to keep in touch with other emigrants and/or local people interested in speaking your language.

Every country has some sort of international private or state organization with branches around the world, possibly in your area.

Local radios with programming in your language aimed at nostalgic emigrants often run ads for cultural clubs or 'country clubs'.

If you can host couchsurfers, that could be a way to meet new people who speak you language.

May 26, 2015

I think it will take you a lot of time to find friends who speak your language. You can post something on your private page ( facebook, italki, skype,.. ) like: " I am ( name). I am  from ( country). I can speak .... then show your wish that you want to have more friends especially who speak your language. I am sure that some ones will give you information of these people ^.^ 

May 26, 2015

钟婷玉 That doesn't work much! I mean, how do you find people who speak your language to hang out with in your free time when you are new to a city abroad. 

May 26, 2015
Show more