wahidullah
This website

This Website isn't good for poor countries people, because if you go to find a language partner most of them are US citizens and Europeans, and Chines, there are two problems for poor countries people, one US, EU, Chines people don’t want or don’t need to learn their languages, chines wants English partners, and English wants Chines partners, and people from poor countries can’t offered to pay teachers that much money, so what is your suggestions to solve this problem ?

Thanks

May 26, 2015 10:13 AM
Comments · 10

You know, you don't have to spend any money to learn english if you don't want to, or can't afford to do so... A lot of people here, including me, don't take any classes but only talk to language partners, and I find it efficient enough :) As for the other problem (the fact that people from rich countries don't want to learn your own language), some people, sometimes, agree to help someone without receiving anything in return, but if you don't find anyone I guess you can still write notes which will be corrected by very nice people! :)

May 26, 2015

Hello Everybody. I CANNOT work for less than about $25 or $30 dollars an hour because anything less does not pay the bills here.

I often think that if I moved to, say, India, I could charge half that and still live well!

May 26, 2015

Ruthi.

I don't expect any teacher to provide free classes, but my question goes to administration, they should take care of this problem, maybe you know I belong to a poor country and there are a lot of more like me, if I dedicate my all monthly income to get course in I talki, maybe that won’t be enough to pay a teacher is fee, once again my question goes to Administrant to manage a solution for this problem.

Thanks 

May 26, 2015

you could learn english without the need of a teacher or a native speaker, there are many online courses made by experts of teaching languages where you can improve you writing and speaking skills just by yourself and for free, those courses are mainly some podcasts and mini-stories which you could interact with.

May 31, 2015

I see your native language is Pashtu, and it's true this isn't a language that native English speakers typically want to learn. Perhaps you might want to consider non-native speakers who speak English at a high level and want to learn your native language for an exchange if you are unable to afford lessons. I'm not sure how common this type of person is but it might increase your chances of finding a good exchange. I'm afraid I don't see a work around for people from poorer countries being able to afford lessons with a native UK/US teacher. As has been mentioned, the cost of living is much higher in these countries so they have to charge a higher price in order to support themselves. 

May 26, 2015
Show more