Vivianna
How Many Languages Can We Learn In The Same Period?

I would like to learn English, Spanish and French languages. I have started to study English two months ago in a school near my house and I also started to study Spanish by myself three weeks ago. I will start again to study French, I had studied it to the school when I was fifteen but I have completely forgotten it.

All the days in the morning I write and speak in English while in the afternoon I write and I speak in Spanish or viceversa. From time to time in the evening I try to think in French. It's a tiring job, I become crazy but I like doing it.

Do you think is more difficult to learn in this way?

Anybody could help me with this sentence? "<em>I have completely forgotten it</em>" I don't know if I have placed "completely" in the correct place

May 26, 2015 10:38 AM
Comments · 9

In my opinian it's better to learn one or two languages in the high level than four or five and know only ( hello, how are you and so on)

May 26, 2015

Yes I think your plan is a little crazy! I don't think I could learn 3 languages at the same time.I learnt French and Spanish at school but my French was already very good when I started learning Spanish so there was no problem.I tried learning Chinese but I found it really hard.

Your last sentence is fine "I have completely forgotten it" is perfect.

Good luck!

May 26, 2015

*Диана, Actually I'm studying English and Spanish but sometimes, when I don't remember how do you say a word in English or Spanish my mind automatically recovers it in French. So I think I have to start again study french but only when I'll know English or Spanish very well.

*Artapon, Then you can understand me :-) But I think Russian and Vietnamese are more difficult than English, Spanish and French. If you enjoy yourself to learn in this way carry on doing it :-)

*Carol, Thank you. I don't know if I'm able to learn more languages simultaneously but I like trying to do it. My will power help me to study with pleasure (and also this website, I like it very much, is amazing) but like you can see I repeatedly make many grammatical mistakes :-/
I'm Italian and also Spanish and Italian languages have some in common so is more easy to me to learn Spanish

Three languages are better than one ;-)

May 27, 2015

Hi Viviana, I confess that I am a bit jealous! I really would like to have your will power and be able to learn more language simultaneously. But it's too difficult to me... Anyway, make it in your way and as long as you enjoy and improve, go straight! I am trying to improve English and at the same time learn Dutch. The two languages have some in common so sometimes English helps me... Some other times it's difficult to focus in each of the two languages. I am still looking for the right balance! :-)

Good work to you

May 26, 2015

I'm trying to learn 3 language(Russian,Vietnamese,English) and 1 new programing skill hahaha.I'm trying to translate Vietnamese articles about "How to build Mobile Application" to English (for practice words and remember language structure) and I will do same way in Russian language.I'm not sure this way work but I happy to do it hahaha.

May 26, 2015
Show more