Angela
Is this an acceptable report? Is the style and the structure of the report correct? Thanks.

REPORT ON ERASMUS PROGRAMME

INTRODUCTION

The aims of this report are to:
1. give an overview of the Erasmus programme
2. comment on one improvable aspect
3. give some constructive suggestions to change the situation

As prepration for this report, I interviewed a cross-section of students from my university who took part in the Erasmus programme recently. Furthermore I returned to Venice two months ago after being in France on the Erasmus programme. For that reason, I obtained some information also from my personal experience.

THE ERASMUS PROGRAMME

At present, the Erasmus programme is a very good opportunity for students to go abroad for one semester or one academic year and attend classes at a foreign university. There are, indeed, many advantage: improving a language, meeting new people from all over the world, living abroad, becoming more independent and descovering a new culture.

ONE IMPROVABLE ASPECT

While the students interviewed liked the programme, and in particular loved the experience of living abroad, the general feeling was that they did not spend many time with local students and locals in general for the folowing reasons:
- they did not have many chances to meet locals
- local students usually live together
- they did not know the usual places where locals met up
- language and cultural barrier

Most students I spoke to would have liked to meet locals and spend more time with them, instead of going out always with other Erasmus students.

RECOMMENDATIONS

In my view, the host university should organise some events in order to get local students and Erasmus students known each other. They should set up:
-a speaking club to give the opportunity to learn our improve languages
-excursions to show students around the city or even the country
-debates about international problems in which all students can take part

May 26, 2015 11:28 AM