Tony Rivera
The language you are studying.

How did you become interested in the language you are practicing on italki?

May 26, 2015 2:16 PM
Comments · 10

I restarted learning English about 5 years ago. I love the sound of English, which is completely different from Japanese. English is a global language. It's interesting to meet new people and talk with people from other countries. English learning helps me expands my horizon. That's why I keep studying English.

May 26, 2015

I started learning Spanish when I moved to Spain for one year study exchange. Now that I am living in the Netherlands, I am trying to learn some Dutch and to improve English. Definitely, I think my interest for languages is quite concrete and it depends by practical needs of every day life in foreign countries.

May 26, 2015

I became fascinated with Chinese because it was totally different than Spanish. After hearing people say it was very difficult and almost impossible to grasp, I took a class and found that I had a knack for it. I use Italki a lot more now to expand my knowledge in Spanish and practice my speaking in Chinese.

May 26, 2015

@saniya

where have you been?

May 26, 2015

i am learning chinese now, not very serious about learning but i just want to keep alive what i know.

my interest came from my stay of 4 years in china, i had absolutely no need to learn chinese but i found chinese culture interesting.

May 26, 2015
Show more