Luke
I have no idea how to start

So I'm currently trying to learn Portuguese and I am not sure where to start on this site, any tips?

May 26, 2015 6:20 PM
Comments · 5

Hello Luke! How have you been? 

I'll recommend you 3 Youtube channels that I think you can start learning Portuguese.

1st: Learn Portuguese with PortuguesePod101.com

I'm quite sure the teachers are Brazilians, and they all speak English, which I think in the beginning you should take classes with who speaks English good and teaches Portuguese. This channel will help you a lot!

2nd: tatianagfeltrin (Tiny Little Things)

When you'll be taking classes and improving your Portuguese, you should check Tatiana's channel out. She's a Brazilian English teacher and she loves books. She's always uploding videos on Youtube talking about the books she's read. I think she speaks a clear Portuguese, which will be easy to you to understand her. (I hope you love reading books.)

3th: Tiago Belotti (Meus 2 Centavos) 

Do you like movies? I hope so, because Tiago is a filmmaker! Actually, on Youtube, he does(or makes, I'm not sure which one I should use) critic reviews about movies. You'll find out many, many movies you may have seen, so, it can be cool. What do you think?

So if you really, really want to learn Portuguese, I can help you! But, I'm also learning a foreign language, English, and you as a native speaker can helps me a lot. What do you think? 

Have a nice Thursday!

May 28, 2015

go and buy a course book, like 'Teach Yourself' or something similar. COMPLETE IT! maybe do it again and then use it to start having chats with people online. It sorta snowballs from there and you pick up more vocab and gradually improve. 

Speak as soon as possible and just add stuff like duolingo and podcasts when you commute or before bed. 

Dont stress and enjoy it. 

May 28, 2015

Hi Luke,

I´m from Brazil and I need a partner to improve my english.
If you want to make a exchange...

See you

August 24, 2015

Maybe you can start learning some basic phrases (<em>hi</em>, <em>how are you?</em>, <em>bye</em>), starting with the family (cousin, father, mother, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, grandfather, grandmother), numbers or months and days in Portuguese. I study English and Portuguese in Duolingo.

May 27, 2015

Hello, Luke. I think you should start to learn portuguese firstly in the things more basics as well: presentation, vocabulay very simple etc.

There are some sites that you can find about how to learn portuguese.

YOUTUBE
LIVEMOCHA
BABEL 

Sorry for my english, I'm learning it. 

May 27, 2015