Robin
What do you think about being grilfriend or boyfriend of a foreigner

I see many couples who come from different countries.  My English teacher is British, he has a Chinese girlfriend and they will have their marrige this year. I am just curious how? I mean, they are from different countries with different cultures, languages and lifestyles. My teacher works in China so they are ok. But some others I know, they dont work together. It is a long-distance relationship. What do you think about this or do you wanna have a foreign girlfriend or boyfriend. And if yes, where will you choose to stay, your country or her/his country?

May 27, 2015 5:33 AM
Comments · 12

Hey, Taker, I dont know why you said that. I am just cutious, nothing more. I wanna know how to deal with it, all of the barries. Also I dont think it is a bad idea. If a couple from different country, their kid can know lots of two country's cultures, and it will be much easier for their kid to learn two languages. I didnt juage it or something. I am not perfect, so I made mistake sometimes. But if you do not like this question, you can just ignore it. Thanks!

May 28, 2015

Looking the cultural part, I feel chinese families don't accept very easy foreigners, and chinese young people listen too much parents opinion (which is very fine for me). There are also cultural diferences, for example, how you see your future, how you rice up a baby, how you have fun at weekends...

I have that case too, I'm from Colombia and my gf is chinese. I think the most difficult part for us is, what you spect your gf do as girlfriend. When you get a couple you spect they behave like your couple, and thats normal but I realized that espectations are very different in each culture.

However, I think in a couple most important is "the two persons personality". You can find that even in a couple of locals, riced up in the same culture, speaking the same language still has many comunication problems.

May 27, 2015

I think that people fall in love all the time, sometimes with someone from their own village, and sometimes with a person from the other side of the world. Since we are all humans, I actually think it's really beautiful when two people find each other :-)

June 26, 2015

I don't think it's right or wrong. It just happens. Some people might be trying to take advantage of someone who is in a different culture, but I think mostly it's evidence that language is not a barrier to love. Different cultures and languages can even add mystery to the romance. That can be good (and it can be very bad if people don't realize the differences they have to overcome).

There would be definitely more challenges though. Ultimately if the couple stays together, one person has to make a sacrifice and move closer to the other. Sometimes they want to leave so it might not be much of a sacrifice.

May 27, 2015

My boyfriend is Russian and I am Italian. For reasons of working and studying we live in different countries and we see each other three times a year for several weeks. 

After my degree I hope everything will be easier.

May 27, 2015
Show more