JJYY
How to study two langage at the same time ?

Hi, everyone

I am a chinese native speaker. I began to learn english when i was a kid, i mastered it very well. But since i am in France for my study, french is better than english. When i want to speak english for now, there are always french vocabularies in my head. French and english are not my native language.  I don't want to give up english which i had studied for many years. Do you know how to study two languages at the same time ? Some methods ? Or opinions ? 

Thanks so much ! 

May 27, 2015 6:53 PM
Comments · 3

As long as you find some way to use your English regularly, you shouldn't lose most of your knowledge. Especially since you say you've been using it since you were little. Following an English TV series or picking up an occaisonal book in English would be enough.

Good luck with French!

May 28, 2015

I understand that can seem a bit tricky, at the same time, French and English share a lot of common vocabulary, so it would be best to embrace this as an advantage. My recommendation is simply that you pay careful attention to the exact pronunciation in both languages, so that you will always be sure which language a given word belongs to.

May 28, 2015

Hi~ I'm a spanish native speaker that have already learnt english and i'm learning french, right now. I know what you mean~ I'm also a bit scared to forget some of my english skills since my brain is being fed with french vocabulary and grammar. I think a good way to keep our english alive is to write, to have online conversation with friends from webpages like Italki, for example, or maybe to write a diary. In that way english will be always present in our daily life no matter if we're learning other languages :) I hope my suggestion could help you a bit.

Have a nice day!

May 27, 2015