Photons
How to use 尴尬

It appears to mean "awkward, embarrassed, and embarrassing, so

我昨天得跟一个女生睡在一起,那个可尴尬啊!I had to sleep with a girl yesterday, which was really awkward.

我无法觉得尴尬. It's impossible for me to feel embarrassed.

他的尴尬的错误让他被开除了。His embarrassing mistake got him fired

May 29, 2015 2:18 AM
Comments · 4

As for your sentence:

1.I had to sleep with a girl yesterday,which was really awkward.

you did a nice job in the first first part of your sentence. In your next half of sentence, you should substitute "这件事“ with "这个” because you want to express your feeling at this moment. You can use "那件事“ when you had expressed your feeling before. And ”这个“ usually refers to a object, it's not very usual for "这个” refer to a thing." You can use both "这件事“or ”这“ refers to this thing.

我昨天得跟一个女生睡在一起,这可真尴尬啊

2. It's impossible for me to feel embarrassed.

in fact, "无法” means " not able to" You need to use"不可能“ .

我不可能觉得尴尬

3.His embarrassing mistake got him fired

In fact, 让 means "let" You need to use"使” .And aviod more than one“的” before a noun. For this situation we need only one "的“ before the noun.(For brevity)

他尴尬的错误使他被开除了

May 31, 2015

As a native speaker and a good writer in Chinese, I use "尴尬” very often.

尴尬 is a adjective in Chinese. you can describe both a thing and the feeling of person(s)

when we describe a thing, we tend to use in front of "a thing"

e.g. 尴尬的故事 the embrassing story

you may use it after a thing but you shoud use appropriate verb in front of ”尴尬“to make this sentence complete (subject, verb , adjective)

e.g. 故事变得尴尬(the story becomes embrassing) 这个故事令人尴尬 (this story make people feel embrassed)

When we describe people's feelings, we tend to use it after "a person" , and we must be sure there is subject, verb and the adjective.

他感到很尴尬 (he feels embrassed)

May 31, 2015

我昨天得跟一个女生睡在一起,那个可尴尬啊!I had to sleep with a girl yesterday, which was really awkward.

this 尴尬 means “shy” or “a little uncomfortable” ,but it is not insufferable. you can use 尴尬 in the situation that you have to do something although you are self-conscious about this situation, sometimes,at the same time you try to behave naturally and don't want to make this mood obvious. the first sentence should be “我昨天得和一个女生睡在一起,太尴尬了!” in real Chinese.

the second sentence may be have context... if only one this sentence appear i can not understand it‘s meaning.

他的尴尬的错误让他被开除了。His embarrassing mistake got him fired

this 尴尬 means the “错误” was caused distress to the company ,in fact that the company was embarrassed at the result "他的错误" made. 

there are still many subtle meanings,but i can't express them very well……you can ask more questions when you see a particular sentence includes 尴尬. 

good luck~_(:з」∠)_

May 30, 2015

I can speak very standard mandarin,If you want to learn Chinese,I can help you,
my Email is [email protected],

给一个我喜欢的女孩送东西,刚好被她男朋友看到,我觉得很尴尬。

May 29, 2015