Edd
Favorite J-POP artist?

My favorite artist is BoA. Although she's originally from Korea, I feel she has the best style, is unique, has a good voice, is pretty, and has the most "mature" J-pop music I've heard.

She doesn't have the typical J-pop sound. For people who aren't into J-pop, regular J-pop music may sound kind of silly and childish (e.g. Chu-lip by ai otsuka), but BoA's music has a certain "mature" and mainstream vibe to it that I think a lot of people can relate to.

Who is your favorite J-pop artist and why?

May 30, 2015 2:27 AM
Comments · 6

I was just listening to Kana Nishino's "Suki" song and I can't get it out of my head now. I'm beginning to like her songs. As for now, she's my #2 favorite J-pop artist. 

May 31, 2015

I don't really have a favourite, as theres so many i like~

Here's some:

One ok Rock (I really recommend "wherever you are" theres quite a bit of english and really easy to sing along~ ^^)

Bright (Disbanded, However do check out Nanaka's solo Youtube channel <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9bGKm85XcJIFqN4abaE6Pw>;)

Ikimono Gakari

AAA

Scandal

松下優也 (Yuya Matsushita)

西野カナ (Nishino Kana)

June 1, 2015

西野カナ (Nishino Kana) or 鷲尾伶菜 (Washio Reina) from the group Flower.
And 安田レイ (Yasuda Rei) since her voice is quite deep and unique compare to most Jpop singers. 

May 30, 2015

For me, it has to be Aya Hirano, an incredible vocalist. As well as the typical J-pop, girly singing voice she can also sing with a very womanly tone of dirt, reminiscent of old school jazz singers. She also has a very unique voice, which she has used to voice some very interesting anime characters .

May 30, 2015

Haha the above two are both Korean but that's cool.

Mine are 飯田絢香 (Iida Ayaka) and 西野カナ(Nishino Kana).

Ayaka have more raw background instruments (not techno), for example, her song WINDING ROAD collaboration with Kobukuro, her cover of 空と君のあいだに, and にじいろ.

I like Nishino Kana because her voice isn't as high pitched and childlike compared to most J-Pop artists. Most "J-pop" have really fast tempo whereas Kana's are mild. She also have English lyrics in most of her songs so at least I can sing along to those parts haha.

May 30, 2015
Show more