Yağmur
Korean people about...

My friend's father went to Korea for business. Workplace (out) had stray dogs. But then, they disappeared.Then, they thought that Koreans eat them. (But i am not sure) My friend's father's friend said. I know Korean people dont eat dog. What do you think?

May 30, 2015 10:29 AM
Comments · 5

It's really easy to be understood wrongly and there is a cultural barrier in terms of it.

first, korean never never eat puppy or dog they grow in their home.

and yes korean eat dog but that dogs are grown in farm like pig or cow as a stock.

logic and concept is totally different.

May 30, 2015

Are you trolling? No seriously? Yes dog meat is considered a "delicatessen" type food.  There is actually a restaurant tucked away in Myeondong in Seoul that serves dog meat.  It is not just advertised all over the place.  Koreans don't pick up just random stray dogs, just as people don't pick up random runaway chickens and cook them. I don't think you're serious and I'm not sure I wasted some seconds writing this.

June 1, 2015

Celeste Romane

Many people in China do eat dogs. Not sure about cats though. Same for Korea. I think in Vietnam they eat cats. I agree on the 'normal' comment, I wouldn't try it though, but for no specific reason, just don't like it.

June 1, 2015
Different people eat different kinds of meat. It's gard to distinguish it by race, because i'm sure if someome is homeless and desoerate, they woulfn't care on the origin. I'm not saying this happens, but it's just an example.
What my question is, does it matter? I think it's stereotypical to assume that all asian people eat dogs or cats.
Just because someone eats a certain animal doesn't make them different or disgusting. Personally I don't eat meat because I cberrish animals. You can still eat meat and cherrish animals, but i prefer not to. Wbat makes it bad to eat a dog, and what makes it good to eat a cow? I think all animals should be treated equally. So before you judge someone for eating different meat than you, just ask yourself what's so better about consuming a different animal? It's the same. We eat to survive.
We're all raised on different things. Eating dog in Korea is probably like eating chicken in America. It matters, but it doesn't mean we should judge people on what they consume or change our opinions because of it. 
May 31, 2015

Dog meat is eaten in Korea. But it's basically just one (or a few ?) type(s) and certainly not random stray dogs. Same for China.

May 30, 2015