[Deleted]
Restarting my studies

So I also posted this as a notebook entry, as I am unsure of where the best place for this is:

So I have been "on and off" with my Chinese study over the past few months and really need to reboot my whole learning process. I am looking for a tutor who can work with me a few times a week. Specifically someone who has, or is wiling to get, "Chinese with Me an Integrated Course Book" as that is the text I will be working from. I am willing to work with anyone, teacher or other students alike, that is looking for a serious language partner. I am willing to pay for the right teacher. If you are a fellow student (Chinese native speaker) who is willing to work with me from this text, I will trade english lessons in a range of topics including engineering and business english, pop-culture, writing assignment corrections, etc. If anyone has friends or knows of individuals who will work with me from the book mentioned above I would greatly appreciate the introduction. Thanks for your time!

-Tom

May 30, 2015 5:19 PM
Comments · 9

Crystal9291 - I just emailed you.  I look forward to working together.

闲着没事吐泡泡 - Unfortunately, I cannot read Hanzi yet.  So I have no idea what that says... At this time I really need language partners that are stronger in their english than I am in my Chinese.  Hopefully some day soon I will be able to help you as well!

June 2, 2015

哥们 你好我来自中国  我能看明白你老家是芝加哥的 现在在圣迭戈 是加州的那个么  哥们如果你需要的话 我愿意教你中文不收钱 其实我也想学英语 我qq397547632  这个相当于 facebook and twitter 期待你联系我 哥们我现居广州老家是东北的 欢迎来中国玩

June 1, 2015

Tom, I just got this book (volume 1, PDF) from the internet. I will be very happy to be your language partner and do my best to help you study Chinese. I get plenty of time this summer. I'm a student who is going to the U.S. for further education this August, so I want to practice speaking English before I go to the U.S. Then it's also more convenient when we could share the same time zone. I will treat this study thing seriously. I hope it's a long-time stuff since learning language takes time and patience.

How do you feel about that? If you think it's OK, we can start to make a study plan! You can contact me on Italki or email([email protected]). We could study by Facetime, or WeChat, the app I introduced before. Skype is also OK with me. Just wanna pick one that connects smoothly. Then we can start learning!

Hope to hear from you soon. Good night!

June 1, 2015

I know this book《跟我学汉语综合课本》,北京师范大学出版,主编是陈怡),yeah,it's red cover,very glad to help your Chinese and learn from each other(^_^)

June 1, 2015

Crystal9291 - Yes the author was Chen Yi, the book is a red cover, and it is published by Peking University Press.  I am looking for someone to review lessons with me, translate some of the sections that are only written in Hanzi and just generally practice the material in each section with.  I am willing to go over ESL materials as well with my lanuage partners as I mentioned.

愛比 - The book series focuses on listening and speaking in the first two volumes and doesn't really teach writing until the 3rd and 4th volumes.  I am 99.99% sure it is simplified... But to be honest I haven't actaully been able to find that specified anywhere...  Thank you both for the reply!

June 1, 2015
Show more