[Deleted]
What's customary to have for breakfast in your country?
Jun 2, 2015 2:04 AM
Comments · 13

In Brazil, most people usually have a bread roll with butter or margarine and a cup of back coffee (Like a espresso). On Sundays, we usually have something bigger because we have more time to prepare. So we can enjoy bread rolls, butter or mayonnaise, ham, cheese, cream cheese or mortadella, black coffee with only sugar or with a little bit of milk (we call it "pingado" - it means "dropped", like in "with a drop of milk) Or a type of toasted tea. There are a lot of options, but I think the most popular is probably the black coffee and a bread rolol with butter. 

June 5, 2015

Here, generally breakfast is milk with cereals, coffe or tea with bread (with eggs, butter, ham, cheese). Sometimes people eat sandwiches, hot dogs (in Chile "completos"). Once I got up and my <em>breakfast</em> was my lunch, jejejeje.

Here a Chilean hot dog: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c4/a5/36/c4a536c303cf7b2d56508fdcc6509232.jpg

June 4, 2015

Excellent discussion topic. I am always wondering what other people eat. In the United States, we have many different customs and a great variety of habits. A very common breakfast is bacon and eggs.  The eggs most likely are fried (in the bacon fat) or scambled.  Ham is also very common. But many people are getting away from a "meat and eggs" breakfast and eating a breakfast with less fat.  Cereral with milk is very common. Or just toast (with butter and jam or jelly). Or a bagel.  Many people eat no breakfast but drink coffee (this would kill me). My brother-in-law used to drink a bottle of Coke with a bag of corn chips for breakfast.

June 2, 2015

Usually, if we have time to sit around table, rice and soup.

But nowaydays, people don't have much time to eat rice and soup, so for the sake of time-saving, a cup of smoothie, or a cup of drink mixed with misugaru. Other variants are toasts or store-bought sandwiches.

June 2, 2015

In Canada, I think it varies, especially because of the various cultural households. Many individuals I think usually eat cereal with milk, with a coffee or juice. Many others just eat fruit and peanut butter. My grandma is nice and makes me breakfast before I go to school / work and so I eat eggs usually for breakfast. :)

June 2, 2015
Show more