gillian
How to learn English well

I am a native Chinese.And i want to learn English well, but i dont know how to do?I want make some friends from other countries, but i dont know how to do ?Who can help me?

Jun 2, 2015 2:47 AM
Comments · 11

This is the Chinese version of Skype. It's free and many people in China use it. It is similar to WeChat, however I do have to admit that we chat is better .

http://www.skype.com/zh-Hans/home/

Give it a try! Skype is international. We chat tends to be only used in China or by native Chinese 

June 2, 2015

skype is good, i talk to people from guangchou and shinzhen from time to time, but the network connection isn't always optimal, still it's worth a try, even at the cost of bypassing the GFW.

June 2, 2015

There has been issues in China where external services are blocked such as google, facebook etc etc. I wouldn't be surprised if Skype is blocked soon. I visit china almost every year and it is getting harder to access websites which are common in north america. They do have their own versions for example Baidu is similar to google. 

June 2, 2015

Wechat is just more popular and well known than Skype in China, it's like a combo of Skype and Facebook because you can chat in text,voice chat and post links and "like" things and also post articles and photos. Skype is just a video chat service. But in the West we use Facebook, Whatsapp, Skype and Google for different purposes. 

June 2, 2015

@Troy.

Just curious. In what way is wechat better? Admittedly, I do not use it very much and am unware of its full advantages.

June 2, 2015
Show more