Crystal White
How would you choose?

If you meet someone you like him, and he likes you, but you are not in a city, what will you do?

Jun 3, 2015 1:31 AM
Comments · 29

i would say that he is a bit immature,  marriage is not just simply for two of you to get together, it's actually for two families.  He has to take every factor into consideration, his parents, his work, your new marriage home, health insurance, etc....

June 3, 2015

I would choose to be friends.

June 3, 2015

Carrie,

I think there is allot of negative advice coming from people on this issue. First we have to define what you mean by long distance? Are we talking about say 2-3 hours away, or are we talking about another city? If the distance is close enough, so that you can travel up on Friday after work, or see each other every month, it’s not really an issue.

From personal experience it can work. I had a really good 5 year long distance relationship, but you have to bridge the gap by phone calls, Skypeing and messaging. You have to be sure it is what you want, it is allot of effort, but can be rewarding. In my opinion you have nothing to lose by pursing an interest that you want. I don’t understand why Shinay seems to think that the person job status, financial status, and family background have to matter. Does someone job really matter? You’re interested in the person for whom they are, not their income.

In regards to the comment on he could date you and lots of other people, that is a possibility, but you can also do that if you live in the same city. It might be harder, but it is certainly doable, you don’t spend every minute of your time with the person. If you think he is the type of person that can be committed to just you, then go for it, if a relationship doesn’t have trust at the beginning it will never work.

Now living with my new partner, I can say it is nice to have the one I love with me at all times, however the advantages of being long distance was I could still have more time to myself, and pursue some of the things I wanted to.

Long story short, you will hear lots of reasons not to date long distance, and lots of reasons to date long distance, ultimately it is down to you, you are the one who will be affected by the decision, no one else.

August 20, 2015

I would lead her on, but date many other people on the side. It's always a good idea to keep my options open. 

August 20, 2015

Yes, I agree with Sabrina...long-distance love relationship is.....I am not saying that it is unreliable,but there will be too much problems after the marriage. Better a little loss than a long sorrow

June 3, 2015
Show more