Saqib
Arabic dialects

How do Arabs who speak different dialects communicate with each other? Does each speaknin his or her own dialect and use MSA to fill the gaps?  I'd appreciate your thoughts on this subject, thanks :)

Jun 17, 2015 7:25 AM
Comments · 12

Yes everyone speak with his own dialect we pretty much understand each other, because of the TV and our Teachers.

on the other hand there is some difficult Arab dialects such as Moroccan and Algerian they will use MSA to speak with other Arabs.

June 17, 2015

Morrocan People understand any Arabic dialect, Morrocan dialect isn't too difficult but people isn't used to hear it so it seems difficult. In the other hand people find Egyptian dialect easy but it's not so easy but people get used to hear it on TV, movies and series 

July 6, 2015

Thank you all. Italki is not allowing me to add any of you. It keeps saying I've reached my limit, but I've not added anyone today so I don't know what's wrong. If any of you need help with English, please add me. I'll be free after Ramadan.

June 20, 2015

يابن الحلال خليها ع ربك خاصة مع اخواننا المغاربة انا استخدم لغة الاشارة هههههع

June 19, 2015

A good question , hope i can answer it ...

I think , it depends on the moral and personality ..

Fox example , when i want to talk to someone else , i use his dialect and continue using his dialect cause i am the one who wanted to start a conversation here !

sometimes , we use MSA ( a must ) and mix it with some dialect , there is no rules of course !

Sometimes if i talk to a tunisian , i will talk with the dialect of maghreb , Algerian or tunisian should be ok ..

BUT , if i don't know someones dialect , then MSA is the solution at 90 % .

July 14, 2015
Show more