Rachel
Professional Teacher
Learning Article : How To Describe Body Shapes In Chinese

Discuss the Article : How To Describe Body Shapes In Chinese

<a href='/article/469/how-to-describe-body-shapes-in-chinese' target='_blank'>How To Describe Body Shapes In Chinese</a>

This article explains some common mistakes made when describing body shapes in Chinese, and gives tips on how to fix them.

Jun 18, 2015 12:00 AM
Comments · 13

They forgot a very common and often discussed one: 飞机场  ;-)

June 19, 2015

Hi i ve just read half of your article and i come back here to tell you a mistake ive just found .there's a word“长得”,it often pronounce 轻声in use.

June 19, 2015

wirting nice as a chinese 提醒一下小人不是好话哦

October 3, 2015

Very useful article, it helped me a lot with these adjectives ^^

But I have to agree partially with Aegis. (If I understood well what he's talking about)

Reading over the text, she says for example: "You can see that this word doesn’t really have a positive connotation when used to describe women."

My answer is: No, I cannot see that. And there shouldn't be a negative connotation in using such a word for describing women.

I think that spreading this kind of ideas, even if she doesn't feel this way herself, it's not a very good thing... I mean, each culture imposes a pattern (how we should wear, how we should be, etc.), and I'd say that the majority of people has a tiny mind in a sense. But, I suppose that the less we spread this kind of ideas, the better the world will be :) 

July 9, 2015

Even though it is sometimes used in the neutral tone, I think the article is correct in saying it's the 2nd tone. That is what my dictionary says. Anyway, useful article for me. 

June 19, 2015
Show more