free
American accent

Hey , i'm going to work on my american accent .

do u have any suggestions or any vidoes ? 

thanks for your help :)

Jun 21, 2015 7:15 AM
Comments · 9

hi,fateme.

l'd like to introduce some videos and books to you.

1.<em>pronunciation workshop</em> by Paul S gruber.

2.<em>American accent trainning</em> by Ann Cook.

3.some others that l don't remember their names by Andy Krieger.

^.^

June 22, 2015

Well, the italki community can help you as well. :)  You can put a recording of yourself online, reading a short text. Thirty seconds is enough. Don't worry if you think it sounds strange or funny; we can give you advice and feedback.

<em>Vocaroo.com</em> is a good site, becuase you don't need to have an account and you can just post the link to your recording.  If you also post a link to the text, we can help you if some words are not clear.

June 21, 2015

Youtube is blocked in Iran. It is actually simple to solve this problem though. You need something called a "VPN". It stands for Virtual Private Network. 

What you do is pay a company for a specific type of internet service. What this service does is obscure the true location that your computer is.

For example, if you live in Iran, you can make is seem as though your computer is really in Germany or whatever else.

Also, I've talked to people in Iran who use such services. As far as I am aware and what other people have told me, this service is actually completely legal in Iran.

June 21, 2015

This youtube channel is great " https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvn_XCl_mgQmt3sD753zdJA"

American movies also will help you much. 

June 21, 2015

There's a English pronunciation channel called Rachel's English on YouTube. It's very famous for teaching American accent.

June 22, 2015
Show more