Megumi@Ibaraki
Italian coffee rules?

I heard Italians don't drink cappuccino in the afternoon. Are there any "rules" or "customs" when it comes to enjoying coffee?

Jun 27, 2015 9:18 AM
Comments · 10

It's just an habit/ custom( which term is better?) , it can't be a rule .i'm basing The reply since I am an Italian . We don't drink cappuccino( most of italians) in the afternoon . We have breakfast with cappuccino and " cornetto" , but I know in France they often drink cappuccino , not only at breakfast

June 29, 2015

We never drink coffee right before a meal (unless there is a risk of falling asleep during the meal!).

We like to take it after a meal or at ANY other time during the day.

Sometimes when casually meeting a friend along the way, we say, 'let's take a coffee together', an only one

pays for all the coffees.

For what I know there are no other rules or special meanings in 'drinking coffee'.

June 29, 2015

I would drink coffe (espresso) till 10 p.m and many people do it. The same thing does not apply for cappuccino. I rarely see people drinking cappuccino in the afternoon. I agree with Nicola when he says that coffe (espresso) is often taken after a meal. Italians who smoke (many Italians do) usually have their coffe and afterwards a enjoy a cigarette.

June 28, 2015

I'll drink cappucino any time of the day, but I won't be applying for naturalisation in Italy.

June 27, 2015

don't drink coffee at night but drink beer cocktails, aperitifs etc.

June 27, 2015
Show more