Karl Franz
Hello everyone. I would like to learn Swedish. Is there a willing soul out there to assist me ?

Hello everyone.

I have recently listened to some Swedish and was a fascinated by the sound of the language.
I already have some resources and started to take a look at the book and CD and all this seems very interesting.

This is the resource.

Colloquial Swedish: The Complete Course for Beginners Book and CD by Philip Holmes

Before proceeding to devote more time to the study of the language I would like to talk to a Swedish native speaker about it and see how it feels. Also they could give me some feedback about the difficulties of the language and what one should expect in general.

I am looking for a kind and patient person who is very enthusiastic and can motivate me and push me just by their energy levels and positive attitude. I would love someone who smiles a lot even when I totally mess up, and someone who makes every step of the learning process a joy.

I on the other hand would be glad to assist in Greek (Native speaker) or English if you are a beginner/intermediate level. I am not a professional teacher but I will do what I can to help you improve.

Kind Regards and a big thanks in advance.

Jun 28, 2015 2:46 AM
Comments · 23

Yo there in da house! 
The one, the only...
PHILIP IS HERE!!
Ok so basicly if anyone want wants help with Swedish I'd gladly help.
But be aware of one thing. A lot of people say that it's one of the hardest languages to learn so be ready for a lot of studying or W/E you are going to do I guess :).  

PM me if you want some help

Yo there in da house!
Det är han, den ända...
PHILIP ÄR HÄR!
Ok så om någon vill ha hjälp med svenska så hjälper jag gladeligen.

Men var beredd. Många säger att det är en av dem svåraste spåken att lära sig så va redo att studera eller vad du än ska göra gissar jag :)

PS: MY SPELLING SUCKS IN SWEDISH EVEN IF I'M A NATIVE SPEAKER. Dyslexia and stuffs -.-
English > Swedish if you ask me:3 

July 30, 2015

Hej Allihopa!

I think I kan help with Swedish.

Jag föddes inte i Sverige utan i Brasilen men jag har bott i Sverige sedan dec/2012. Jag har studerat svenska språket för ungefär 3 år och det är ett spektakulärt språk.

Numera studerar jag franska och det vore intressant att hjälpa de som vill lära sig Svenska.

It will be intreresting to help!

July 25, 2015

Hey!

I'm not really looking to learn either Greek nor English (I already know "enough" English and am not really interested in learning Greek) but if you want to practice your swedish and maybe get some feedback you can send me a message! I don't really have the time or competence to act as a private tutor, but I can definitely give some support! :)

July 10, 2015

Karl, do you know how many Spanish speakers here complain that they can't get someone to talk to them in English? I posted that I would have an English group only for Spanish speakers and posted it in Spanish and I was shocked how few people responded. 

On the other hand I've posted about the most obscure languages and have gotten assistance and other groups where I search for appropriate members I have had a lot of success creating.  

Now I'm trying to learn German, a language where most everyone already speaks English and too many English speakers want to learn it so there is too much demand yet I have found some lovely people who are willing to talk to me.

The trick is to write to people INDIVIDUALLY! Posting a general discussion topic I find RARELY gets good results, but writing to people who look and or sound like cool people and reaching out to them as individuals is a whole other ball game. 

If I were you I would write an INIDIVIDUAL AND PERSONALIZED note to each Swedish speaker that appeals to you who indicates that they are interested in Greek here before giving up. 

July 5, 2015

Thank you for your time and your feedback Dorothy.  You are probably right.  

I am going to think about how to proceed from this point on.  This whole thing is just new to me and I am just not good with this "individual and personalised approach" tactic..

Thanks again for your feedback I appreciate it.

July 5, 2015
Show more