Kerry wang
Where is the most famous place you travelled before,what is the most interesting thing happened in your trip?

Some people have the same dream of travling worldwide. Do you also have this dream?

We are from different countries ,we have different cultures . There are different scenes in our countries. so it will be very interesting in traveling worldwide. For one reason or another, we cannot travel worldwide now. But we can share our travel experience here , it also will be interesting.

So would you like to share your travel experience to us? Where is the most famous place you travelled before? What is the most interesting thing happened in your trip?

Jun 28, 2015 3:03 AM
Comments · 6

One of the most interesting countries I have been is Greece. Although there are many interesting places in this country, the island of Santorini 圣多里尼 is especially of interest for several reasons. First, many Chinese will seek to come here as a major honeymoon destination. I saw many Chinese in the touristy areas, so many in fact, that signs are trilingual, (Chinese-English and Greek). I even saw someone in a restaurant speak basic Chinese when interacting with a Chinese tourist. Even so, there is an even more interesting aspect. There is an ancient settlement there, Akrotiri - older than the 5000 years Chinese often like to say about China. You won't see but a few Chinese tourists there because, I suspect, they don't know the deep significance of Greek civilization to the Western mind. Anyway, you will see three storey buildings, flush toilets, murals and hot/cold running water which is said to the the Lost City of Atlantis.

June 29, 2015

Hi,HLRN, it is really a bad thing. There are people with different character. Actually, thanks for your sharing.

July 1, 2015

hole*

June 30, 2015

As for the most interesting thing, it's also the most mundane and banal thing. I was on a Chinese train heading for the south when nature called. Making my way to the bathroom I noticed the door was already open. Glancing in I noticed that the whole in the ground was already filled and the previous user hadn't flushed. However, it seemed that the person before him/her hadn't either, nor had the person before. So what I was in fact looking at was a literal pile of shit. It's been six years but I will never forget...

June 30, 2015

Rome. Been there a few times now and it never ceases to amaze. I studied Latin in high school and I'm a sucker for ancient history, I suppose Greece is on my wishlist too although it doesn't seem too stable these days so I'm not sure about that. Rome however is absolutely wonderful. If you've read the stories beforehand, you can just stroll along the buildings and wonder about all the great figures that must have walked there, the decision that were taken, the empire that was built. The same goes for Greece of course in a way, having laid the foundation for later European powers. Especially if you believe the story of Aeneas of Troy.

I guess similarly I really enjoy old Chinese sites but unfortunately they don't have that ability to transport you because of the city sprawl around and through it. I think Rome manages to keep that charm more because the city itself just evolved differently. Walking through Beijing it is hard to forget the modern world around you, even if you are in the Temple of Heaven, Forbidden City. I think the Summer Palace works in a way, because you can find a spot to be alone for a bit and think about it. Of course I can also attribute this to the fact that I know considerably more about Roman history than Chinese history. Personally I enjoy knowing certain small specific things, such as the emperor hanging himself from a tree on Coal Hill and then sitting around the place and wondering about it.

Perhaps as an extension to this I would really love to visit the archeological site of Troy, but the way I've built it up in my head it would probably be disappointing. Especially given the way they excavated the area with Schliemann messing some stuff up early on. I don't know, perhaps I should leave it to the imagination.

June 30, 2015
Show more