Aude
What do you know about France ?

Hi everyone !

I'm a french girl learning english and I'm very curious about what the foreigners think / know about France, haha
So, I have few questions to ask you and you can answer to some of them if you want to :)

1. Who are the most famous french celebrities for you? Who are the ones you like / admire the most?

2. Do you know some french youtubers? Which ones?

3. What are the clichés about France?

4. Do you know a French culinary specialty? Do you already tasted it ?
5. Did you know that we have several accents in France? Do you know a few ones?
6. What french movie do you know (by name or because you watched it) ? Which one is your favourite?
7. What cities do you know in France?
8. Do you know some french expressions / proverbs?

And I think that's it :) I can't wait to see your answers !

Jun 29, 2015 7:42 PM
Comments · 29

French love doing strikes and are always demontrating for a yes or a no, for not having to go to work

June 29, 2015

Wait, what ?

This "Everyone smokes. They wear berets while doing it. And striped shirts." is not true ?
My dreams are shuttered now.

June 30, 2015

João Paulo, the stereotype is more that Parisians don't like to speak English with native English speakers. But I can't really blame them for that attitude, given some native English speaking tourists abroad assume everyone will speak English and won't even have the courtesy to say 'Bonjour/Excusez-moi, parlez-vous anglais?' before unveiling a load of English. 

I know how to swear in French, but that's about it other than basic greetings haha. I know this because my supervisor at university was from a French colony, and during my time working with him he introduced me to some more colourful aspects of the French language.

June 29, 2015

Joao Paulo : It's true that in Paris, some people can be agressive, they can steal your bag or insult you but it's like that in all the big cities I think, unfortunately...
Haha! I take your choice of profile photo as a compliment for Paris! :)

June 29, 2015

My profile photo is in Paris. hahahaha

June 29, 2015
Show more