Karl Franz
Which is the hardest language in the world to master and why?

As the titles states, which is the hardest language in the world to master and why ?

I am refering to languages that are currently used in the world and not ancient languages or dialects that are long ‘dead’.

But if for some reason you want to throw that knowledge in there feel free to do so, just make it clear so the rest of us get it.

I would like to know your thoughts.  Have fun at it.

Note : Vulcan language does not count by the way :)

Jun 30, 2015 5:10 AM
Comments · 14

Euskera is for me the most difficult of all because it is a tonal language in which a word has different meanings depending on what the stressed syllable.
This language is quite complex.

The Basque language is the only survivor of the pre-Indo Western Europe.

It is a language that has no gender and more than 50% of its vocabulary comes from Latin.
However it is very difficult to learn even for those who speak a language derived from Latin

June 30, 2015

Of course it all depends what you already know.I studies Greek and Latin at school so when I learned French and Spanish they were easy for me.But then I learned Hebrew and that was pretty hard. Then I tried learning Chinese Mandarin and it was really difficult.There was nothing in my brain to hang the words on, and reading and writing are practically impossible for me.However I saw younger people learning more easily, so your age is a factor too.It is much easier to learn languages when you are young.

June 30, 2015

I would like to thank everyone for their comments

July 3, 2015

Slovak, Czech and Hungarian are also quite challenging because of some sounds. Try to say: zmrzlina (Slovak), říjen (Czech), török (Hungarian).

July 1, 2015

Russian! Русский язык - самый сложиный язык для изучения как европейцами, так и азиатами, африканцами и т.д.

July 1, 2015
Show more