Alice Pesa
"Audiobook" exchange - new way to learn a new language

Hello fellow language learners,

Since I really like learning languages through audiobooks because I can improve my listening skills and also my pronunciation and vocabulary  but e.g. the spanish audiobooks are often too fast and it's very hard to get them here in germany, I had an idea of how we could solve this problem which might not only be mine.

I'll try to explain my idea, although it might sound a little complicated (it actually is not).

The idea is that partner A who for example is german, chooses (together with partner B) a book in his/her language (for example: german). After that he reads the first chapter with very good pronunciation and records it to send it to Partner B. Partner B who wants to learn german can now listen to the "audiofile" wherever he is (in car, train, etc.) and in this way practise the new language. He might even buy the book in german to look up some words or read along to the audiobook.

Partner B can do the same for Partner A and also record a chapter out of a book in his language to help Partner A.

It is even posible for e.g. Partner B to record the chapter in german and send it back to Partner A so that he can correct the words that are not pronunced properly.

If someone is interested, just text me, then we can maybe make a group and coordinate all different kinds of languages so that everyone gets what he/she needs.

I hope you are interested to try this with me.

Warmest greetings from Germany, Alice

Jun 30, 2015 12:22 PM