Samurai_Scott
attitude towards communism

I have been in spain for half year and worked in a british company, what i find is that most of the people have great hatred about commnism, they think it is a stupid political system.however most people in mainland china, do not notice they are controlled by the government.

i do not know whether not not in the rest of the word hold the same opinion about chinese political system .

final question: most of people reckon chinese are so dificult to learn, i do not know if i can find a partner as a language exchange:)

Jun 30, 2015 12:59 PM
Comments · 13

Well, i don't agree with the first sentence at all. Governments are to blame of the financial crisis. They have given a lot of benefits to some economic sectors like banks (which have been rescued with public money) and energy companies (in Spain, governments have favored an oligopoly).

Moreover, they confiscate the population with a lot of taxes and after that they offer a service that those citizens haven't asked for. All this money, that goes from the pockets of the citizens to the bag of the state, can't be invested to create companies and economic wealth. 

Well, it's a very hard topic to talk about. And i don't know if my english level let me try to convince you!!! It's always great to have this kind of conversations, especially with someone from another culture. 

June 30, 2015

I don't know about the language but can I guess why people hate communism. I'll try to forget everything I was taught to think and be as unbiased as possible.

Firstly, most information about communism that people get, are from media and none of those information is nice. 

As I was living for a few years in a mild communistic regime, I'd say it's just a regime like any else, with positive and negative sides. Exactly the same as democracy, only positive and negative sides are different.

Let's say, if media would be full of information how being homeless and eating from dumps is much worse than not being allowed to say anything bad about the leader of the country, we'd start believe that. It doesn't take that much to change public opinion.

Maybe not the best example as I've read that nowadays you can find homeless people even in China. I believe that wouldn't happen if communistic ideas would be strictly followed.

Spreading hater about communism, in my opinion, have a lot to do with fear that it could became too powerful and privilege to pull strings would go to a different country.

But yes, you're right. Most people think that communism is evil.

June 30, 2015

The main problem communism systems have is the fact that there is no choice to be out of the system. I'll try to explain my point: In a capitalism model you are to gather with other people and create a little communism system inside the capitalism bigger one. But it doesn't work on the other side. Communism because of its own definition needs a central gobernment to control almost every aspect of the economy, politics and daily life of the population. 

In europe we neither have a real free capitalism, there are a lot of lobbys which put a lot of pressure on politics, but there are at least many free markets (clothes, food, technology...). Finally, as Ruthi has said, freedom of expression is something that a Communism government usually stops in order to protect its supremacy.

June 30, 2015

true,Ruthi,I am planning to study in europe for my master degree, hope to know more about the world

June 30, 2015

Hi Scott I have just returned from 4 years in China, so I can tell you that firstly Chinese is extremely difficult to learn. Secondly, about Communism, it is a little complicated,but there are some things about the Chinese system that Westerners don't like,it is not really Communism. It is more the fact that people in China don't have freedom of expression ( not free to say waht they think about the government, not free to have elections or to demonstrate when they don't agree with something). I am sure there are many things about China that people don't know about or that they would like if they knew but most things we read in the papers about China are negative things (and the same is true about what Chinese people read about the USA for example).

So this is a very complicated issue.

June 30, 2015
Show more