Gillian
Losing confidence and starting again with French or other language

Hello

I started French last autum but the course was too intensive it had been ok to begin with:) So now aiming to practice speaking in basic conversations again!

Has anyone else gone th this?

Jun 30, 2015 6:54 PM
Comments · 6

Im here ... 

July 1, 2015

Ah I am glad I am not alone. I need to speak as much as possible. Can you find people these days to speak French or English  I am sorry that my schedule did not really coincide with yours:) 

Have you done intensive classes? I am thinking of going to do some for one week.

June 30, 2015

Yes. A few weeks ago I decided to start studying French again because my French has gotten rusty, sadly.

June 30, 2015

Don't stop it !
I am a teacher also, but I learn other language in the same time.

So have to go slowly or you will just hate learning French.

I am sorry I do only class, and not free exchange.

But I can give you some advice for continue !

I don't know how is you level,

but keep practicing on website like dualingo

or watching movies with french subtitles on filmfra

If you level start to be good, you can try also youtube video like Norman fait des vidéo (but put the subtitles)

And the best things to do, I am boring with that, but I say it to all the people who learn a language. It is to do a diary. Make a simple diary in French. Even if you write only 2 sentences everyday, it is nice. And trust me it helps to remenber !! 

June 30, 2015

That is good though its a shame so expensive. I have not done any lessons on italk going to do some to see.I keep chickening out!

June 30, 2015
Show more