Lee
Learning Chinese Through Writing.

I want to try to learn Chinese through writing only. I already know how to type chinese characters in my computer, but I often communicate with Chinese speakers on my phone, so lately I have been using the touch input setting for Chinese, so I can write each and every character by hand. 

The only disadvantage I can think about using this method is that I might not be able to memorize the reading for each character this way, since I wont be using the pinyin to input the characters.

For those of you who are studying Chinese, do you think this is a good method or have you tried it before? 

Of course, I will use other methods too for studying to support my other skills, but this will be one of many methods I am thinking of using.  

Jul 1, 2015 4:29 AM
Comments · 2

Hi there,

I think it is good that you can find your own way to learn a language.

But no matter Chinese or English,the most important thing is to spelling. And that is diffcult to remember every word characters.If you can use pinyin,it will be easy to write Chinese.

Of course, as long as you find the trick, it is also possible to learn a language.

July 1, 2015

You mean you use a stroke based input method?

That's a very strong method to memorize characters by shape. So I guess you have no problems to read. 

IMHO, Pinyin is an extremely good method i.e. as input method, or as phonetic Mandarin representation of a character, but in daily use there is very little use. Strangely, even in China itself they are not able to use proper pinyin.

So I wonder, what exactly is your problem? If you lack Mandarin skill then Pinyin (plus the other methods) should help.

July 1, 2015