Evelyn
Okay guys. What is this all about?

Do anybody here really need a conversation partner or just look for some girlfriends/boyfriends inhere? No female users want to meet me, mostly guys asking about my personal life... If there are persons whose English is as low as my Spanish (A2 I suppose), please, contact me :) Or just anybody who is open and ready to start co-learning with me. Thanks in advance!!!

Jul 1, 2015 11:01 AM
Comments · 28

It is very frustrating for people like me who are correct with women. I don't want to flirt with them I just want to improve my language skills. 

July 3, 2015

upload a scary profile photo.

July 3, 2015

Interesting! I have seen/read several complaints about it, women claimed to be harassed by men that are only looking for girlfriends, etc. On the other hand, men complaint, not to be handsome enough to get language partners, implying that women only add/accept good looking guys.

I'm not looking for a girlfriend, In my opinion that's stupid, I have never believed in long distance relationships, what's the use of having a mate at the world's end? bah!

July 5, 2015

that is a thing i've seen often here. Some people maybe see italki as a way to meet and flirt with people and not as a language-learning tool. Just ignore those persons and try to find actual language partners.

July 3, 2015

Sadly, that's the way it is. There are many creepy guys who only use italki to harass women and they pretend to be native English speakers. That's why most women are reluctant to talk with men on Skype, which leaves guys like me with no options to find a language partner. I am not looking to flirt. I already have a relationship. And it's the same with men, if you as a guy message a guy they will message you back  that they are looking for Latinas to talk with, and then assume that you are gay since you messaged a gay for language exchange. I mostly receive offers for language exchange from religious preachers and people who ask me to teach them English and even German (pretty ridiculous, read my profile before messaging me, I am a Spanish speaker).

July 6, 2015
Show more