[Deleted]
Turkish keyboard for Mac OS

I discovered something useful and wanted to share! If you are a Mac user, there's an easy way to get access to these keys: ş ç ı ü ö and ğ  You can switch between keyboards really easily! 

For OSX there are 3 Turkish keyboards to choose from. To add a keyboard, just go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Input Sources. Then, click the "+" at the bottom of the left column to add the keyboard. Once you choose and add the keyboard you want, you will see a little flag on the menu in the top right of your screen, you can easily switch between keyboards.

The three keyboards are: Turkish, Turkish QWERTY or Turkish QWERTY PC.

For "Turkish," you will need to either have a map of the keys, or know where they are, because it is completely different. "Turkish QWERTY PC" is the same as the Turkish keyboard in google translate, so i is actually ı, the semicolon is ş and there are a few other little differences. I use "Turkish QWERTY." For that, all you need to do is use the Option key + the letter you modify: ıöüğçş Very easy! (Add shift for capitals, of course.)

Jul 2, 2015 1:30 PM
Comments · 5

Do you show the little flag at the top of your screen? Mine is default to the English keyboard, and when I want to practice Turkish, I just switch the keyboard from there. 

If you don't see a little flag, you need to check off "Show input menu in menu bar". This is in the keyboard preferences. Once you select that you should see the flag. On my screen it is in the top right corner.

July 13, 2015

Figured it out :) teşekkür ederim! This will be very helpful!

July 14, 2015

If you wanna Turkish keyboard in your phone you can use your main keyboard with Turkish.
1- Download SwiftKey from playstore!
2- Select your main language.
3- Select Turkish too.
When you write you can switch with "hold space and switch language"
It's very easy. Also you can do something with other keyboards! But SwiftKey king's of keyboards.

You can use same latter if you haven't Turkish letters; For example; ş=s, ç=c, ğ=g.
These are not same thing! but we will understand.

July 22, 2015

I already changed my keyboard wıth thıs knowledge. Thank you so much :)

July 21, 2015

Okay I tried this but only the c to ç seemed to work? the s became "ß"

Did I do something wrong?
Thanks,
-Lizzie 

July 13, 2015