Spangola
Do You Think Greece Will Leave the Eurozone?

I'm especially interested in what the Greeks have to say. Personally, I can't see them leaving.

Jul 2, 2015 3:55 PM
Comments · 7

Whatever the outcome, there is bitterness on both sides and a huge gap that will take generations to fill. Inside or outside the EZ.

July 2, 2015

I'm just grateful that Britain never joined the Euro.

If we had joined we would not have been free to devalue the pound as necessary to ride out difficult times.

Being shackled to the Euro would have been a disaster. We needed to be free.

I believe that poorer countries need the freedom to have their own currencies. If Greece leaves the Eurozone it can devalue - which will make Greece a cheaper place for tourists to go. They will not go to Spain, Italy and Portugal if Greece is much cheaper. Similarly, Greek shipping will gain new trade as it becomes a more attractive option once again.

July 3, 2015

Yes I think they will. To me it seems that every move being made at the moment is a sticking plaster. Admittedly I'm not an economist but as I understand it, they're borrowing money to pay back money they already owe. It doesn't seem to be sustainable in any way.

July 2, 2015

Probably not. Because of the fact that the rating agencies and the finance would destroy Greece in that case too. Also, leaving the Euro Greece will gain just a new currency which won't has any guarantees. Just think, Greece was home of an amazing ancient civilization (democracy, philosophy etc.), and now...Poor country.

July 2, 2015
July 2, 2015
Show more