Pedro Simões
What is the easiest language to learn?

I mean, if you are a native speaker of Spanish, Italian and Portuguese will be easy for you. But is there a language that is easy for nearly everyone?

Jul 2, 2015 4:49 PM
Comments · 6

obviouesly it's English, the grammar of English is much easier than Spanish which I have been lerarning, and the English-speanking people speak much more slower than the spanish-speaking people

July 2, 2015

For Spanish speakers the easiest languages for speaking are Portuguese, Italian and French. All these languages are romance languages derived from Latin and there are some similar words and similar grammar structure.
Furthermore, in Spain if you Know Catalan the easiest language for learning is French (is quite similar) and if you Know Galician, the easiest language for learning is Portuguese. This phenomenon is due to the proximity of Galicia to Portugal and the proximity of Catalonia to France. There are some similar words and pronunciation.
I guess that one of the easiest languages in grammar terms is English. It's simple and with similar ending for different tenses. The biggest problem is pronunciation and phrasal verbs, because if you are  a non native speaker, it's difficult learning it.

July 24, 2015

i believe urdu is the one language that can be learned easily as it have got a lot of its words from other languages so any language speaker can connect to it in some way or the other

July 24, 2015

I read on the FluentIn3Months website that if you haven't yet learned a language other than your native language, spending 2 weeks learning Esperanto could make your learning of your target language a lot easier. I started learning that and it is actually pretty simple.

July 2, 2015

I think it always depends on which your native language is. Sure, Italian, French or Spanish Grammar (talking about Latin languages) are more difficult than the English one; but as regard English, you have to learn a lot of phrasal verbs and idioms that Italians, for example, don't use! 

July 2, 2015
Show more