Elena
It would be interesting to find out that now people think of Russia.

What associated with Russia, stereotypes and the real facts about the country, the opinion of those who had been in Russia.

Jul 2, 2015 11:51 PM
Comments · 33

I repeat, I didn't want to offende anyone. We are all friends here. But, please, "During the time of Chaterine", "during the USSR". Are you kidding me a bit? Then, so, tomorrow I go to conquer Istria and other Croatia's lands because in the 1200 they belonged to Italy. It doesn't work in this way. Oh, and I want the United Kingdom too, because in the 800 B.C. the roman empire was there. LOL.

July 3, 2015

Ok, guys, I don't want to be involved into this anymore. "Rude, ignorant", I said something bad? Don't think so. Probably you don't get what I meant or you can't read. According to the internation law, those territories belonged (now it's hard to say if they are still ukrainian) to the Ukraine, read something about that and then return here. If the world doesn't respect the habits of the international law, tomorrow is war everywhere, and I can come in England and take your tea and your premier league. For this I made those examples in my comment above. I said that ukraininans are poor guys, innocents, angels? Don't think so.

And, at the end, "some people's culture means more to them than others", calm down your english humorism. Because my italian sarcasm can be a monster.

Bye

July 3, 2015

I think that's rude and ignorant Armando. No need to mock and be sarcastic. You forget that some people's culture means more to them than others. Events that happened during the USSR are still felt today, because many of the people are still around. So I don't think it's unfair to include that part of history into a debate.

July 3, 2015

I've been studying Russian for almost 5 years. My goal was to reach C1. I'm a strong B2, and think I could reach C1 with another hard year of study. But it won't happen because I've lost motivation. I'll continue to maintain the language, but no longer have a hunger for it like before.

Why? Due to the situation in Ukraine. As one can imagine for an intense learner of Russian, I've read about and listened to both sides of the story many many times. Although I still like Russians and Ukrainians, there are very strong feelings against my country from both sides. The Russians blame everything on the west, and the Ukrainians are bitter that we didn't keep our word and protect them. Whether they are right or not doesn't matter. My motivation is seriously damaged. Hopefully things will change in the future and I will regain my motivation. Until then - HELLO AGAIN CHINESE!!!

July 4, 2015

В Китайском интернете называют русских "боевой народ"

July 3, 2015
Show more