Gillian
Name three things that you would like to do once you learn your language/s

What three things would you like to do once you have learned enough of the language/s you are stuydying? (Imagine you have nothing to stop you, money, family or visas etc)

(Use at least one idiom in your answer and guess the idioms I used in my post!)

Once I learn enough French:

1: I would be able to visit my family in France and be able to talk to my inlaws and people there and not feel like a fish out of water.

2: I would be on cloud nine because I wouid be able to talk to French speaking people I meet  in my own country and on holiday.

3: I would jump for joy because I could volunteer abroad in a French speaking country so I can communicate well with the people I am working with.

Jul 3, 2015 2:41 PM
Comments · 24

You're welcome and it's always a pleasure to see you my friend :)

Ok let me try ;P

In my childhood I thought only <em>when pigs fly </em>I would be able to speak English fluently,

but once in a conference I thought I should <em>get out of my comfort zone</em><em> </em>and try to speak with a native English speaker. I was <em>over the moon</em> when I made it and I hold a converstaion for more than half

an hour and I discovered it was a <em>piece pf cake.</em><em></em>

PS: of course corrections are always welcome (,")

July 3, 2015

These are the 3 idioms used in your discussion Gillian :)

<em>1. A fish out of water.</em>

<em>2. On cloud nine.</em>

<em>3. Jump for joy.</em>

July 3, 2015

I'm learning russian above all to insult people in my countries without they can't understand me: this is my main goal with russian =)

Ok, that was a joke.

1 - Travelling the world, of course;

2 - Talking with people from different countries: open the mind, a lot.

3 - Becoming an interpreter or working for international institutes.

July 3, 2015

Good Day Mumtaz

It is only some small corrections/suggestions:)

In my childhood (or when I was a child) I thought it would only be when pigs could fly that I would be able to speak English fluently, but once in a conference, (I took courage and) I thought ‘I should get out of my comfort zone and try to speak with a native English speaker’.

In my childhood I thought only when pigs fly I would be able to speak English fluently, but once in a conference I thought I should get out of my comfort zone and try to speak with a native English speaker.

I was over the moon when I found that I was able keep a conversation going for more than half an hour and I discovered it was a piece of cake.
I was over the moon when I made it and I hold a conversation for more than half an hour and I discovered it was a piece pf cake.

July 4, 2015

That is really lovely Mumtaz:) thanks very much for posting.

Would you prefer I made any corrections in private or on this discussion?

July 3, 2015
Show more