Alan
This forum is not active, Is it because of it is not totally free?

This forum is not active, Is it because of it is not totally free?

Or, the functions of this website can not be customised?

Jul 4, 2015 10:51 AM
Comments · 8

Hello Alan

How are you today?

Yes you can say that it is not active, but it would be more correct to say that it is not 'very active'. Usually if you say that something is not active it generally means there is 'no' activity at all. There is some activity on here so you could say it does not seem very active on this forum:)

I think some days it is busier or more active than other days. But you are always welcome to start your own discussions or you can post in other people's discussions or you can create a notebook. It is free to post on all the forums. You do not have to become a premium member. You only need to do that if you wish to pay for lessons.

I really wish you well on here with all that you do have a good weekend

Best wishes Gillian

July 4, 2015

I am not quite sure what you mean by this forum is not active? Please could you explain thanks.

July 4, 2015

Hello

In order to become a premium member you must buy some italki credits. You buy the credits so that you can pay one of the teachers or informal tutors for lessons. You can use the credits anytime that you wish. You go to the finance button and click to pay. The button is on the top right next to your notifications button.

All the best Gillian

July 4, 2015

@Alan

Many students come to italki for the noteboooks and answers sections, or to look for language partners and teachers. They are not active in the discussions because it is not what they are looking for here.

Moreover, italki.com is accessible without signing in. Everybody can browse the forums, read the notebooks and look for replies in language questions. When people don't have an account or are not logged in, they obviously won't comment in discussions.

July 4, 2015

Thank you, Gillian.

I want to say that there are not many people speaking here. Does the word 'active' have this kind of meaning?

July 4, 2015
Show more