Junooi
Long distance relationship work?

Now a day the social meadia is getting bettre and better ,most of the people spent most of the time on the social media, exspecialy meetting friends all over the world. Just like us Itlaki Buddies!

So for sure that is many long dictance relationship is started and getting increas now a day.

Do you think long distance relastionship is work?

Anyone of you have the experiance? How long did you guys took, is the relationship last?

Is the rlationship succes or .....?

Jul 4, 2015 3:04 PM
Comments · 8

And i just misspelled happiness. Great.

July 4, 2015

Hello Junooi.

Do you mean people living very far away and just meeting through italki and communicating through texts and phone calls? I doubt that would work out. In fact I will be honest with you and say I do not even think it is a real relationship (in the romantic way at least that is implied). Maybe at best they get to know a little tiny bit about each other but that's about it.

The only case a long distance relationship would work in my opinion is if it started like a normal relationship where the people involved were seeing each other often, and then at some point in time they had to get geographically separated and therefore had to spend some time apart.

In short I do not think a long distance "relationship" works out, at least in most of the cases.

July 4, 2015

After this discussion, you must be ready to fight an horde of virtual misfits! I had a love story through the web. She was beautiful. Then I found out that she was a man. So no, it can't works!

July 4, 2015

Haha, hmm... it's possible. Have there been successful LDRs (long-distance relationships)? Of course.

However, the most difficult aspect of LDRs is that the absense of physical intimacy. I think most LDRs would fail if the couple did not meet at least a few times throughout the year. Of course, distance makes the heart grow fonder... but if the physical distance is there for too long, then all it takes it one person to create emotional distance. And once the emotional bond is gone, the LDR will surely fail.

I think LDRs would be especially difficult for people who are used to physical intimacy (such as in previous relationships). And for some couples, LDR might be a temporary situation. For example, maybe the husband has to work in another city, or even another country. But as long as the emotional bond is strong, the couple can make the marriage work.

It's really just up to the two people. Anyway, there are many other things that could make or break a relationship, LDR or not, right? Just my two cents. ;)

July 4, 2015

Interesting. What was their age ? Were they both something like in their late 40's early 50's ? 8 Years of Skype is kind of a long time. That should go into the Guiness book of world records or something.

Hope they find happyness anyway.

July 4, 2015
Show more