Loong Loong
Why do Chinese entries get more corrections than English entries? Why?

There are many English entries are waiting for corrections in order to help them to improve their writing skills. But I noticed that most of the Chinese entries get corrections than English entries. 

I'm guessing the reasons why:

(1) China has 1.4 billion population. 

(2) No. 1 most spoken language in the world in 2015 is "Chinese". 

(3) No. 2 most spoken language in the world in 2015 is English. Even though it is spoken in almost every country around the world and has nearly 508 million speakers. 

(4) ......

How to encourage for those who are fluent in English to correct English entries as much as Chinese entries? 

An English learner always feels disappointed when his or her entries are not corrected.

But what did they do before posting? 

(1) They were hardworking in writing entries

(2) Overcome fear of public posting

(3) Overcome shame of making mistakes

(4) ....

But time goes faster than we think......

----------NO OFFENCE----------

1 day past ...... no correction .. Hmm.. nevermind, probably there is timezone, weekday, too many entries are waiting for collection..

1 week past ...... no correction .. Hmm.. Was my entry too boring? Finger crossed..

2 weeks past ...... no correction .. Oh no.. I have another 5 entries are waiting to post and 3 entries are waiting to correct.. should I keep writing and posting?

A month ...... no correction .. No miracles .. Bye..

Jul 4, 2015 3:48 PM
Comments · 7

There are many more people learning English than there are native speakers of English willing to correct. Simple as that.

July 4, 2015

I agree with what it has been said. I get entries corrected in English from people whose entries in Spanish I have corrected. You can't expect anything in exchange for nothing. 

July 4, 2015

And you sound like "People HAVE to help me". Bad news, people don't. This is a matter of mutual benefit.

July 4, 2015

It could be that people are simply posting English entries and expecting someone to have nothing better to do than come along and correct them. This seems completely unreasonable. If someone wants entries corrected, they should take the time to use the language partner search function and develop a mutually beneficial relationship with an English speaker who wants to learn their language. Otherwise, they will have to be content with whatever corrections are provided by bored retirees or English teachers advertising their services.

July 4, 2015

I agree with Paul. Just too many entries in English and not enough native speakers to correct them. In fact. check how many people are looking for English native speakers to chat. It is a huge number. How will a few native speakers cover this demand. I do not see it happening any time soon. It is very unfortunate.

July 4, 2015
Show more