Mayella
Reason for learning japanese language

Hi everyone. What is your reason for learning Japanese language? For me, I got interested first because of anime and japanese dramas. I became curious also with the culture so by next year, I will go to Japan for vacation. I want to converse well with the locals when I go there. :)

Jul 5, 2015 9:41 AM
Comments · 13

Hello Mayella! I'm learning Japanese for the exact same reason! I watch quite a bit of Anime, and I like it better in the subbed versions rather than dubbed in English, so I want to learn Japanese for that! Also, just like you, I became increasingly interested in Japanese culture and now I am planning a trip there next year as well to go visit!! Good luck to you in learning the language!

July 5, 2015

Hello! Well the main reason why i am learning japanese is because my major is international languages, so i chose japanese because one of my dreams is to study/live in Japan, why? because there are some things about the japanese culture/people that i love. I love watching anime, i love the food, i love the history, i love their manners etc. Those are some of the reasons but i also want to speak a third language and i would love for it to be japanese (:

July 6, 2015

I've been steeped in Japanese culture since I was a child, though I didn't see it as such.  As a Christmas gift, I received a Nintendo at seven.  I started watching "Speed Racer" and other Japanese anime after that and realized that learning the language would be most efficacious.  The most difficult thing I have found is dealing with the 16-hour difference with my timezone with that of Japan.  I might have to find a native speaker living elsewhere to communicate in Japanese!  Thank you for your time!

July 6, 2015

Hi Edward. I am actually planning to learn Chinese too, but I am more focused on learning Japanese since I will be travelling there next year. 

Chinese language is more difficult to learn than Japanese. I am thinking of studying 1 language at a time. :)

July 5, 2015

Why donot you try Chinese?

July 5, 2015
Show more